Job Title: Civil Engineer
- Conduct energy assessments of residential single-family homes and multi-family housing plans to identify potential energy efficiency improvements.
- Extract building details, areas and volumes from 2D blueprints using 3D modeling software.
- Analyze building details using energy software models to calculate heat loads and determine opportunities for efficiency upgrades.
- Work with field staff, architects and builders to coordinate efforts throughout the construction process to ensure project goals are met.
- Perform energy modeling, measurement, verification, monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Make recommendations regarding energy fuel selection.
- Provide technical consulting support throughout the energy retrofit process to project participants, i.e. property owners, property managers, contractors, developers and other project partners.
- Prepare project reports, 3D models and other technical documentation.
- Serve as technical expert to evaluate upgrades to existing modeling software packages. Additionally, this role will also involve some research into new technologies and retrofit strategies for advanced programs.
- Act as energy modeling (SketchUp) trainer for all new HERS Field Raters and provide periodic refresher training to all certified HERS Raters.
Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Highly proficient in SketchUp with the ability to create 3-D models from 2-D blueprints.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Must have strong analytical skills and be very detail oriented.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Motivated to work in the Energy Efficiency industry.
Please mail resume with cover letter specifying the salary expectation to Home Energy Raters, LLC. at 180 State Rd, Unit 2-U, Sagamore Beach, MA 02562. Attn: Managing Member. Ref. # 8335809